Diesel rates up by 95 paise a litre; no hike in petrol priceOctober 15, 2015
Diesel price was today hiked by 95 paise per litre, the second increase this month, but there will be no change in petrol rates.
Diesel will cost Rs 45.90 per litre with effect from midnight tonight as against Rs 44.95 currently, Indian Oil Corp, the nation’s largest fuel retailer, said.
This is the second hike in diesel prices this month.
Rates were increased by 50 paise on October 1.
Petrol price was not revised even on October 1.
“The current level of international prices and rupee-US dollar exchange rate warrant a price increase, which is being passed on to consumers with this price revision,” IOC said in a statement.
Petrol price was last revised on September 1 when it was cut by Rs 2 per litre to Rs 61.20 in Delhi. Diesel on that day was reduced by 50 paise.
There was no revision on the subsequent fortnight on September 16 even as a 98 paise per litre hike in petrol and Rs 2.28 a litre increase in diesel rates necessitated due to firming global oil rates.
State-owned fuel retailers — Indian Oil Corp (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corp (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL) — revise petrol and diesel prices on 1st and 16th of every month based on average imported cost and rupee-dollar exchange rate in the previous fortnight.
“The movement of prices in the international oil market and INR-USD exchange rate shall continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes,” IOC added.
- Annual cost of Gujarat government's plane and helicopter over Rs. 7 crore
- IITGN gets state-of-the-art Transmission Electron Microscopy facility
- E-challans are now issued for traffic rules violations in 41 cities/towns in Gujarat: Govt
- Indian Oil to invest over Rs 588 crore on capacity expansion of its LPG terminal in the port city of Kandla in Gujarat
- Over 17,000 selected by 1,269 companies in 30 mega placement camps: Gujarat govt
- MoU signed for setting up 4 desalination plants in coastal Saurashtra, Kutch