Local body polls in December: SEC to Gujarat HCOctober 15, 2015
The State Election Commission in Gujarat which is responsible to hold the local body elections in the state has told the Gujarat High Court that it will complete the election process of local body elections by December 25. The elections will be held in two-phases. Notification for these polls will be out on 2nd December.
On October 4, the SEC announced postponement of polls in the state, citing law and order situation as the reason.
Elections to six municipal corporations, 56 municipalities, 230 taluka panchayats and 31 district panchayats were expected to be held between October and November this year. The SEC said it would decide on new schedule after three months.
More details are awaited.
- Congress cadre nabbed for involvement, a day after sleeper hurled at Deputy CM in Karjan
- The Secretaries of State and Defence of USA call on Prime Minister Modi
- Tips to Travel Safe During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Varmora Group to set up two new manufacturing plants; virtual stone laying performed
- Ahmedabad Court exempts Rahul Gandhi from court appearance
- Top Gujarati movie actor Naresh Kanodia passes away
- AMC declares 9 more Micro Containment Zones
- Sleeper hurled at Dy CM Nitin Patel