43 brides from Odisha wed Patel youths in SuratOctober 17, 2015
43 brides from Odisha on Friday tied nuptial note with Patel youths in Surat. The mass wedding function was held at Amba Talavadi – Katargam based Samasta Patidar Samaj Vaadi. Due to shortage of girls in Patel community, probably because of female foeticide, Samast Patidar Samaj, an organization of Patidar community had initiated efforts to look for brides from Odisha and created a system of match making on regular basis. Similar match making event was held some time back in Surat in which 5,000 Patel youths had participated for 43 girls from Odisha. After prolong match making process, the mass wedding function was held yesterday. Girls from Odisha chooses to shift to Gujarat due to safety of women here, no-cost wedding, no dowry among other reasons. Each girl from Odisha is provided local guardian in Surat by Samast Patidar Samaj for resolution of any issue that may arise. In last three years, total 72 brides from Odisha have settled in Surat. In first year 7 brides married in Surat, in second year 22 while this year the figure of 43.
- Narmada Maiya river bridge to be ready this year
- Idar gadh ascending descending race competition held
- A young curious leopard strays in a house in rural Kutch, caged
- APM Terminals Pipavav commences drive-through container scanner facility
- Prime Minister Modi interacts with students for third edition of “Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020”
- Grave issue of 36(4) needs to be solved to save small traders/manufacturers: trade body members ask MoS in Centre on visit to Surat