Navratri weekend: Traffic diversions on SG highwayOctober 17, 2015
Navratri week-end is here, and if you are going to join one of the venues located on or around Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway(SG Highway) in Ahmedabad, then please read on the traffic diversions implemented by the city traffic police.
Traffic Police has made city’s Sarkhej-Gandhinagar(SG) highway safer for Garba movers by prohibiting entry of heavy vehicles. The traffic of heavy vehicles is diverted from Vaishnav Devi circle(Nirma college) on one side and Sanand cross roads(Ujala circle, Sarkhej) on the other side to Sardar Patel ring road. Ban on heavy vehicle movement on this stretch shall be effective during Navratri only till 1.00 am.
In another step, a road connecting Pakwan char rasta to Sindhu bhawan has been closed for traffic. Those who wish to cross this road need to divert to Thaltej circle or Gurudwara circle. This has made traffic movement smoother.
- 3 nabbed by crime branch in connection with recovery of mobile phones from prisoners of Vadodara central jail
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- 100 to leave worldly life, become Jain monks in Surat on February 1
- A cheater duping poor patients in public hospital in Vadodara nabbed
- Ahmedabad: Traffic police constable, three towing van team members held for taking bribe
- 8 year old girl injured by leopard in Gujarat