Western Railway earns Rs 50 crore from ticket-less travellersOctober 17, 2015
The Western Railway (WR), in its drive against ticket-less travellers, has earned Rs 50 crore in the half of this financial year, a senior railway official said today.
“During the period of fist six months of the financial year, approximately 12 lakh cases of ticketless/irregular travel including unbooked luggage were detected which are nine per cent more than the corresponding period of last year,” the official said.
“It resulted in recovery of around Rs 50 crore, which is 10.95 per cent more than the corresponding period last year,” he said.
Urging all rail users to buy proper railway ticket and travel with dignity, WR has also said it has made proper arrangements to ensure comfortable journey of passengers having valid authority and to prevent without irregular travel passengers as well as unauthorised hawkers and vendors in trains.
- 3 nabbed by crime branch in connection with recovery of mobile phones from prisoners of Vadodara central jail
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- 100 to leave worldly life, become Jain monks in Surat on February 1
- A cheater duping poor patients in public hospital in Vadodara nabbed
- Ahmedabad: Traffic police constable, three towing van team members held for taking bribe
- 8 year old girl injured by leopard in Gujarat