61-ft tall incense stick lighted at Ambaji temple in GujaratOctober 18, 2015
A mammoth incense stick, 61 feet tall and 3.6 feet in diameter, was lighted by the Gujarat minister of state for home Rajni Patel at the famous Ambaji temple in Banaskantha district of the state last night.
The stick, which weighed 2000 kg, was made from 550 kg of charcoal powder and 320 bamboos sticks, temple authorities said.
Lakhs of devotees visit the Ambaji temple during the Navratri festival.
- Citizenship Amendment Bill gets nod of Parliament
- Wellness centre opened near Statue of Unity in Kevadia
- GIFT City CEO welcomes Lok Sabha nod to IFSC bill
- Parts of North Gujarat and Kutch likely to see light rain tomorrow
- Bill proposing 50% management quota seats in professional courses passed in State assembly
- DPS case: Court rejects anticipatory bail pleas of MD cum CEO, former trustee of Kalorex foundation and ex-principal