Andhra govt to develop temple of goddess Durga in VijayawadaOctober 18, 2015
Andhra Pradesh Government will develop Sri Durgamalleswara Swamivarla Devastanam here as state’s new capital is coming up at Amaravati near the city.
“The Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to develop the temple in the wake of Vijayawada being declared as capital of the state,” said state Finance minister Yanamala Rama Krishnudu.
He said Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu who visited the temple recently has decided to prepare an action plan for the purpose.
To a query, the minister said, “We have to spend money for foundation stone laying ceremony of new capital as many national and international dignitaries are attending the function”.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Andhra Pradesh on October 22 to lay foundation stone for the state’s new capital Amaravati.
- ADNOC and RIL sign agreement to explore development of Ethylene Dichloride facility in Ruwais
- ACB nabs broker of woman Councillor of SMC taking bribe of Rs 50,000 on her and her husbands behalf
- Nityanand Ashram habeas corpus case: Young daughters of complainant didn't appear, next hearing on Dec. 20
- From the Gujarat Assembly
- Bodies of 4 youths missing with car found from a road-side water-body in Saurashtra
- A leopard captured from the area in Gujarat where such man-eater beast mauled several people