Gujarat Police chief presents Rs 35 lakh relief to late constable’s familyOctober 19, 2015
Family of late Dilip Rathwa, Lok Rakshak Dal(LRD) jawan of Gujarat police today received Rs 35 lakh cheques from Director Genral of Police(DGP), Gujarat state in Gandhinagar as relief.
Rathwa was killed by a group of Patel caste people in Surat during the 25-26 August violence in Surat. Rathwa was on duty when he was attacked and killed.
Of the total amount of relief presented today, Rs 34 lakh has been contributed by Gujarat police staff while Rs 4 lakh sum is given under Police Accident Group Insurance Scheme.
DGP Thakur told media persons that police men across the state had donated their one day salary for the family of Dilip Rathwa.
Rathwa’s two sons, wife, mother and father were present to receive the cheques. Rathwa’s widow told media persons that she would make her sons educated with this help of money.
Lot of other organizations in Surat too have extended their help to Rathwa’s family. Some organizations have ensured free education to Rathwa’s sons upto graduation. An old freedom fighter lady had contributed her one month pension money to Rathwa’s family.
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed
- Rupani opens Flower Show, Weapon Show in Rajkot