More widows in Gujarat to get govt assistanceOctober 19, 2015
More widow women will now be able to get benefits under the state government scheme for assistance to widows.
According to a statement issued by the state government, annual income limit to apply for government assistance for widows assistance scheme in rural areas was Rs 27,000, which has been now increased to Rs 47,000, while for urban areas the limit has been increased from Rs 36,000 to Rs 68,000.
This decision has been taken in view of number of factors including higher cost of living, minimum wages provisions and more, the statement said.
The state government runs ‘Niradhar Vidhva Sahay Yojana’ for widows.
- 69 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, death toll at 6
- PM at the helm of India’s Fight against COVID-19
- Crime Branch and RAF to be deployed in areas difficult for lockdown
- 63 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, highest in Amdavad; death toll up at 5
- First Covid19 patient discharged from hospital in Gujarat
- Fight against Covid19: Gujarat CM makes three new announcements