ABVP sweeps DUSU executive committee polls, bags 7 seatsOctober 20, 2015
Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) today swept 7 out of 11 seats in the elections for 13th executive committee of Delhi University Student Union.
The remaining four positions in the DUSU EC polls were bagged by Congress-affiliated National Students Union of India (NSUI).
“Vineet Bidhuri from PGDAV (Eve) College was elected as the Chief EC. Manish Barthwal from ARSD College, Tushar Yadav from Venkateshwara College, Monika Yadav from Moti Lal Nehru (Eve) College, Vishal Upadhyay from Moti Lal Nehru College, Deepak Rose from Shivaji College and Sanju Khari from Deshbandhu College were elected as Executive Council Members of DUSU,” officials said.
The central panel of the DUSU members was elected in September when ABVP had bagged the four-crucial posts of president, vice-president, secretary and and joint secretary for second consecutive year.
After DUSU elections are held, the university holds polls for the unions’ executive committee.
As per the DUSU Constitution, the committee should have 11 members and not less than two out of these members should be girls.
AAP’s Student Wing CYSS, which contested its debut DUSU polls this year and failed to open the account, had not fielded any candidates for the EC elections.
- Citizenship Amendment Bill gets nod of Parliament
- Wellness centre opened near Statue of Unity in Kevadia
- GIFT City CEO welcomes Lok Sabha nod to IFSC bill
- Parts of North Gujarat and Kutch likely to see light rain tomorrow
- Bill proposing 50% management quota seats in professional courses passed in State assembly
- DPS case: Court rejects anticipatory bail pleas of MD cum CEO, former trustee of Kalorex foundation and ex-principal