Group clash in Surendranagar, 25 heldOctober 20, 2015
A Violent clash broke out between members of two communities in a village in Surendranagar district of Gujarat, following which police fired atleast 10 tear gas shells and arrested 25 persons.
During the clash between members of Koli and Bharwad communities at Morthala village which falls under Thangadh tehsil, two policemen also sustained injuries, said Thangadh Police Sub Inspector P G Gohil.
“The situation is now under control. Members of Koli and Bharwad came face to face and engaged in stone pelting.
Two policemen were also injured. We have fired around 10 tear gas shells and also arrested 25 persons of both the communities,” said Gohil.
According to an official of Surendranagar control room, the situation became tense after a man belonging to Koli community was murdered 5 days ago.
“Sporadic instances of violence have been happening in that area after that murder. Both Kolis and Bharwads are attacking each other. Violent mobs have also set several shops and vehicles on fire during last 3-4 days. Large number of policemen are deployed in that area to douse the situation,” said control rook official Indrasinh Parmar.
- AMC seals 376 paan shops in a day in a major drive
- Mahesh Vasava led BTP's two Rajasthan MLAs to abstain from Gehlot govt floor test
- AMC declares 12 new Micro Containment Areas, removes existing 6
- Reliance 1st online AGM to feature brand-new virtual platform, Chatbot
- Highest daily spike of Covid-19 cases recorded in Gujarat
- HSBC to set up IFSC Banking Unit at GIFT City Gujarat