Rajasthan sanctions Rs 823 lakh for water transportationOctober 21, 2015
In the wake of scarcity of potable water and declining level in Meja dam, Rajasthan government today sanctioned a grant of Rs 823 lakh for transportation of water through railways to Bhilwara.
At a Policy Making Committee, Water Resource and PHED Minister Kiran Maheshwari sanctioned the financial grant of Rs 823 lakh for transportation of water to Bhilwara through railway wagons, an official spokesperson said here.
The transportation of water would be conducted through rail wagons from December to March 2016, Maheshwari said.
After March, water would be provided to the affected Bhilwara city from Chambal Project, she added.
The step was taken keeping in view the deepening water crisis and decline in Meja dam’s water level, the spokesperson added.
- AMC, AUDA, GMRC building roads to World's largest cricket stadium at Motera ahead of its opening
- Gujarat to launch 1,302 programmes to ensure not a single child remain undernourished in Anganwadis by next R-Day: CM
- ACB Gujarat nabs husband of Sarpanch and cluster coordinator for taking bribe to pass bills of toilets built under SBM scheme
- Netherlands to participate as partner in Global Potato Conclave 2020 in Gujarat
- EAM S Jaishnkar to visit Narmada district during January 28-29
- Gujarat asks Qatar for long-term gas supply at reduced price