Gujarat CM performs ‘Shastra Puja’, greets people on DussehraOctober 22, 2015
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel today celebrated Vijayadashmi by performing customary ritual of ‘Shastra Puja’ (weapons worship) at her official residence at Gandhinagar with the CM security staff.
On the occasion, she also announced to undertake yearly health checkup of police personnel and their families.
Patel took part in the Shastra Puja at her residence, where she applied ’tilak’ on various weapons used by the security personnel, such as automatic rifles, an official release stated.
She also extended the Dussehra greetings to citizens through her tweets.
“On the auspicious day, let’s pray that the good always prevails over evil. Performed ‘Shastra Puja’ with police & security personnel, Taking care of those who work day-night for our safety is our duty; GoG will hold yearly health checkup of police personnel & their families” read her tweets.
The CM Security staff also handed over a cheque of Rs 25,000 to Patel as part of their contribution towards Girl Child Education initiative of state government, stated the release.
- Narmada Maiya river bridge to be ready this year
- Idar gadh ascending descending race competition held
- A young curious leopard strays in a house in rural Kutch, caged
- APM Terminals Pipavav commences drive-through container scanner facility
- Prime Minister Modi interacts with students for third edition of “Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020”
- Grave issue of 36(4) needs to be solved to save small traders/manufacturers: trade body members ask MoS in Centre on visit to Surat