Nawabi era antique Jewelry stolen form a temple in JunagarhOctober 22, 2015
Antique jewelry and other items worth over Rs. 20 lakh were stolen from a famous mother goddess temple in Junagarh district in the wee hours today, police said.
Unknown thieves entered the Vagheshwari mata temple situated near the entry point of Girnar forests under Bhavnath police station area by breaking the rods of the rear window and decamped with the jewelry including an old necklace and other items, Police Inspector, Bhavnath, Mr. Sandeep Parmar said today.
‘The jewelry is normally kept in bank locker and was brought out for decorating the mother’s idol during Narvratri,’ he said adding as per initial estimates the value of the stolen ornament was estimated to be Rs. 20 lakh and 13 thousand.
He said that police was doing detailed investigation and trying to nab the culprits.
Meanwhile, locals expressed surprise at the incident which allegedly took place even after deployment of police in the temple premises.
- Thank you my friend, America loves India: Trump replies Modi's greetings
- 04 areas removed, 19 added to Micro Containment Areas list of AMC
- Highest one-day increase of Covid19 cases in Gujarat
- AMC announces criteria for redevelopment of societies
- Stemcell and Kidney hospitals in Surat, once constructed, will be used as Covid hospitals
- PM Modi urges tech community to take up homegrown apps challenge