Nawabi era antique Jewelry stolen form a temple in JunagarhOctober 22, 2015
Antique jewelry and other items worth over Rs. 20 lakh were stolen from a famous mother goddess temple in Junagarh district in the wee hours today, police said.
Unknown thieves entered the Vagheshwari mata temple situated near the entry point of Girnar forests under Bhavnath police station area by breaking the rods of the rear window and decamped with the jewelry including an old necklace and other items, Police Inspector, Bhavnath, Mr. Sandeep Parmar said today.
‘The jewelry is normally kept in bank locker and was brought out for decorating the mother’s idol during Narvratri,’ he said adding as per initial estimates the value of the stolen ornament was estimated to be Rs. 20 lakh and 13 thousand.
He said that police was doing detailed investigation and trying to nab the culprits.
Meanwhile, locals expressed surprise at the incident which allegedly took place even after deployment of police in the temple premises.
- No Prima Facie Case Against Arnab Goswami in Abetment to Suicide Case: Supreme Court
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL signs country’s biggest infrastructure contract
- AMC announces 32 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Anuradha Paudwal conferred with Tana Riri Award by Gujarat govt
- Highest 1560 new cases of coronavirus reported in a day in Gujarat: State health department
- Those tested positive for Covid in private labs should get AMC and AMC linked beds: Nitin Patel