PM lays foundation stone of mobile manufacturing hubOctober 22, 2015
Prime Minister Narendra Modi here today laid the foundation stone of Shri Venkateswara Mobile and Electronics Manufacturing Hub, the country’s first mobile manufacturing electronics cluster.
Union Ministers M Venkaiah Naidu, Ashok Gajapathi Raju and Nirmala Sitaraman, Governor ESL Narasimhan and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu were present on this occasion.
The Hub is expected to create more than 10,000 jobs within a year and contribute at least 5 per cent of the all-India target of 15 lakh jobs by the year 2019, a press release by Indian Cellular Association had said earlier.
Foxconn has already started operations in Andhra Pradesh for manufacturing brands such as Xiomi and Gionee. Other important brands like Micromax, UTL (Karbonn) and Celkon would be starting their manufacturing operations soon, the release further said.
- Cold wave and normal to severe cold day conditions prevailed in parts of Gujarat, Naliya records 3.4°C- the second lowest of this winter
- CID crime arrests 26 in connection with Kutch district central cooperative bank scam
- Gujarat govt. contemplating to provide free travel facility to around 8 lakh construction workers
- Railway minister could not participate in Tejas Exp flag off due to delay in another event in central Gujarat: Railway spokesperson
- Paytm targets half a million merchants in Gujarat to use its 'All-in-One QR'
- Ahmedabad - Mumbai Tejas Express train flagged off