PM lays foundation stone of mobile manufacturing hubOctober 22, 2015
Prime Minister Narendra Modi here today laid the foundation stone of Shri Venkateswara Mobile and Electronics Manufacturing Hub, the country’s first mobile manufacturing electronics cluster.
Union Ministers M Venkaiah Naidu, Ashok Gajapathi Raju and Nirmala Sitaraman, Governor ESL Narasimhan and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu were present on this occasion.
The Hub is expected to create more than 10,000 jobs within a year and contribute at least 5 per cent of the all-India target of 15 lakh jobs by the year 2019, a press release by Indian Cellular Association had said earlier.
Foxconn has already started operations in Andhra Pradesh for manufacturing brands such as Xiomi and Gionee. Other important brands like Micromax, UTL (Karbonn) and Celkon would be starting their manufacturing operations soon, the release further said.
- Live: Namaste Trump in Gujarat
- In pictures: Amdavad ahead of Trump-Modi visit
- ‘PM Modi a friend of mine’, says Trump as he leaves for maiden India visit
- Clash between two communities in Central Gujarat village again, 3 houses burnt down
- HM Amit Sah reviews preparations for Namaste Trump event in Gujarat; PM Modi to arrive tomorrow morning
- Trumps to be served Khaman, Kaju Katri during their visit