Crackdown on PAAS continuesOctober 24, 2015
Gujarat Police continued crackdown over Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti.
PAAS convener Sanjay Patel was held from Morbi in connection with a case pertaining to burning a State Transport bus.
In Surat, the police arrested 7 responsible for blocking a national highway at Kamrej on October 18. Three more including Surat convener of PAAS Alpesh Kathiriya are yet to be arrested. Those arrested are sent to 1 day remand by court.
In Ahmedabad, the Crime Branch conducted search operation at Sargasan based house of PAAS convener Dinesh Patel. The Crime Branch took Dinesh, Ketan and Chirag Patel to Gandhinagar based Forensic Science Laboratory for voice spectrography tests. All three are on 7 days remand in sedition case.
PAAS leader Hardik Patel who was arrested yesterday evening from Surat in sedition case was today taken to VS hospital for medical test.
In Amreli district, police arrested 11 from Kukavav and Nesdi in connection with Patidar riots in August.
- 69 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, death toll at 6
- PM at the helm of India’s Fight against COVID-19
- Crime Branch and RAF to be deployed in areas difficult for lockdown
- 63 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, highest in Amdavad; death toll up at 5
- First Covid19 patient discharged from hospital in Gujarat
- Fight against Covid19: Gujarat CM makes three new announcements