BJP corporator shot dead in VaranasiNovember 04, 2015
A BJP corporator was shot dead by motorbike-borne assailants in Tulsipur area here last night.
Shiv Seth (40), BJP corporator from Ramapur ward, was returning from Kakarmatta area to his house in Ramapura last night when the unidentified attackers intercepted him midway near Motijheel, police said today.
They shot him in his back and temple before fleeing from the scene, Bhelupur Circle officer D P Shukla said.
Seth was rushed to a government hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and an FIR against unidentified persons has been registered at Bhelupur police station, the Circle Officer said, adding that an investigation into the case was on.
Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh is the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP