Combating terrorism must also be a priority for BRICS nations: ModiNovember 15, 2015
From Ammar Zaidi
Condemning strongly the terrorist attack in Paris, India on Sunday made a case for united global effort to combat the menace of terrorism.
“We stand united in strongly condemning the dreadful acts of terrorism in Paris… The entire humanity must stand together as one against terrorism. The need for a united global effort to combat terrorism has never been more urgent,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi said at the meeting of the BRICS leaders on the sidelines of the G20 Summit.
India, which takes over the Chairmanship of BRICS from February 1, 2016, will accord priority to combating terrorism, he said.
In the worst ever terror attacks by ISIS in Paris on November 13, at least 129 people were killed and 352 injured, many in critical condition.
Combating terrorism, Modi said, “must also be a priority for BRICS nations”.
Besides Modi, BRICS meeting is being attended by Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Xi Jinping, South African President Jacob Zuma and Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff.
Modi said: “We express deepest sympathy and support to Russia for the loss of life in Sinai. Ankara and Beirut are also reminders of terror’s growing spread and impact”.
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 17,217; New 423 cases in 24 hours including 314 in Ahmedabad
- RIL Rights Issue 1.1 times oversubscribed with two days to go
- Polling for Rajya Sabha seats including four seats in Gujarat on June 19
- Latest situation of Covid-19 in AMC area of Ahmedabad city in figures
- PM Modi Launches CHAMPIONS: Technology Platform to empower MSMEs
- Nisarg Cyclone : Several Gujarat districts put on high alert, NDRF, SDRF teams moved