Shinzo Abe arrives in India on 3-day visitDecember 11, 2015
Japanese premier Shinzo Abe today arrived here on a three-day visit for annual summit talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi during which the two sides are expected to seal a Rs 98,000 crore deal for India’s first bullet train track and deliberate on a civil nuclear pact.
Abe, accompanied by a high-level delegation, was received at the airport by Union Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha.
In the 9th annual Indo-Japan summit talks tomorrow, Modi and Abe will review implementation of various decisions taken in course of last one year and are likely to focus on enhancing trade and investment between the two Asian economic powers.
Hours after he arrived, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj called on Abe during which a host of issues of mutual interest figured.
“Carrying forward a positive legacy of friendship and cooperation: EAM @SushmaSwaraj calls on Japanese PM @AbeShinzo,” External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Vikas Swarup tweeted.
Welcoming Abe, Modi described him as a “phenomenal leader” and said his trip will further deepen the bilateral relations.
“Welcome to India @AbeShinzo. Your visit will provide new strength and vigour to India-Japan ties,” Modi tweeted.
A number of agreements to expand cooperation in a range of areas are expected to be signed tomorrow after the summit talks which is likely to deliberate on a number of infrastructure projects including the ambitious smart cities initiative of Modi.
The bullet train network, set to be finalised, will link the India’s financial hub Mumbai with Ahmadabad, the capital of Modi’s home state, Gujarat. Bullet train between the two cities will cut travel time on the 505 kilometer route from eight hours to around three.
According to sources, the sides are working to make forward movement in the proposed nuclear deal.
After the talks, he will leave for Varanasi, which is Modi’s Parliamentary constituency, where he will attend Ganga Aarti at famous Dasaswamedh Ghat.
- GSFA Organises the 1st Ever Futsal Championship in Gujarat
- PM Modi to address Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia in Gujarat on Saturday
- AAPians changes public garden's name; SMC restores old name
- Reliance to bear full cost of Covid19 vaccination for all its employees, their spouse, parents, children
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)