Yog, ‘surya namaskar’ to kick off top police officers meet in KutchDecember 11, 2015
Over 100 top police officers from the country are likely to do yoga and ‘surya namaskar’ on the inaugural day of the crucial annual conference of chiefs of state police and paramilitary forces in Gujarat’s Kutch later this month.
The spouses of the participating officers, if accompanying them, will also have to participate in these activities, as per the list of do’s and don’ts issued by Home Ministry.
The officers have been told to bring ‘band gala’ suit and sarees for the event. They will have to do surya namaskar and similar activity in sun set, it said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the two-day event, which will be chaired by Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
The conference, which has been tentatively fixed for December 20 and 21, will be attended by around 100 Directors General of Police (DGsP) of states, chiefs of central paramilitary forces and their Inspectors General.
This is the second time that the conference will be held outside Delhi, following a suggestion from Modi to organise important events outside the national capital.
The Intelligence Bureau, which organises the conclave, has already done a reconnaissance and given its nod for the venue in Bhuj in the Kutch area of the state.
In November, 2014, the conference of the top police officers of the country was held in Guwahati for first time outside the national capital.
Issues like radicalisation of youths, attempts to lure Indians into Middle-East terrorist group ISIS, cross border terrorism and activities of Pakistan-based terror outfits will top the agenda.
Violence perpetrated by Maoists, filling up of vacant posts in various police forces, circulation of fake Indian currency notes, smuggling of narcotics and human trafficking will also be discussed threadbare during the two-day conference, sources said.
- AMC declares new Micro Containment Zone; Critical covid beds availability above 2,000 mark
- Daily fresh Covid19 cases count slides below 10,000 in Gujarat
- PM releases 8th instalment of Rs 2,06,67,75,66,000 financial benefit under PM-KISAN to 9,50,67,601 farmers
- JioPhone users to get 300-minute outgoing calls free/month, buy-one-get-one on plans
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall at a few places over Saurashtra, Kutch on 18th May: IMD
- Core group on Covid led by Rupani to visit Palanpur, Bhavnagar
- One held for making Yashraj Mukhate type spoof video of Chief Minister Rupani
- Gujarat govt to directly recruit over 2,000 nurses urgently