GSFC launches Kitchen Garden schemeDecember 16, 2015
Gujarat state Fertilisers Company Ltd (GSFC) today launched ‘Sardar Janmitra Kitchen Garden’ Yojna (scheme) here to promote the concept of Kitchen Garden, GSFC chairman and Managing Director Sudeep Kumar Nanda said.
“Health consciousness has motivated the urban population to grow fresh and healthy vegetables at their doorsteps and in this direction the concept of ‘Kitchen Garden’ is taking good momentum today,” Nanda told PTI.
Kitchen Garden is a concept of growing organic vegetables at ones own terrace of home or apartments.
On the occasion, kitchen garden kits comprising a bag with mixture, nutrient supplements, bio-fertiliser, vegetable seeds, technical information were also distributed to people.
Nanda said those who are interested in developing Kitchen Garden at their homes can be helped by GSFC.
Under the scheme, so far nearly 1000 members of an industry association in neighbouring Bharuch have demanded the kitchen garden kit.
Demonstrations were also held explaining the benefits of kitchen and terrace gardens.
Nanda said one of the objectives of the scheme is to keep the urban people fit and healthy by engaging them in activity of gardening and one can have the satisfaction of consuming home-grown chemical-free vegetables.
- Karnali in Gujarat stays closed paying respect to Arun Jaitley
- In pictures: Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations across Gujarat
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested