At least two multiplexes in Ahmedabad cancel Dilwale showsDecember 18, 2015
At least two multiplexes in Ahmedabad today canceled the shows of Shahrukh Khan starer Hindi film Dilwale following protests by various groups.
Wide Angel multiplex which is situated on SG Highway decided to discontinue the shows of Dilwale following protest. Similarly Citipulse multiplex in Raypur area also discontinued the shows after protest by a group.
Multiplexes showing Dilwale are given police protection. Meanwhile in a unique development, a group of specialist doctors joined the protest against Dilwale outside one of the multiplexes. The protest was peaceful and therefore police deployed there didn’t intervene.
There are reports of no show of the film in Mahesana and Valsad also.
Protesters are opposing Shahrukh’s film for number of reasons, but the foremost reason is his recent remarks painting India as an intolerant country.
- Indian community in Texas prepares for ‘Howdy Modi!’ event of PM Narendra Modi during his US tour in September
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday