At least two multiplexes in Ahmedabad cancel Dilwale showsDecember 18, 2015
At least two multiplexes in Ahmedabad today canceled the shows of Shahrukh Khan starer Hindi film Dilwale following protests by various groups.
Wide Angel multiplex which is situated on SG Highway decided to discontinue the shows of Dilwale following protest. Similarly Citipulse multiplex in Raypur area also discontinued the shows after protest by a group.
Multiplexes showing Dilwale are given police protection. Meanwhile in a unique development, a group of specialist doctors joined the protest against Dilwale outside one of the multiplexes. The protest was peaceful and therefore police deployed there didn’t intervene.
There are reports of no show of the film in Mahesana and Valsad also.
Protesters are opposing Shahrukh’s film for number of reasons, but the foremost reason is his recent remarks painting India as an intolerant country.
- Violence in Viramgam during local polls phase 2
- Covid-19 vaccination for dialysis and transplant patients begins at IKDRC
- Polling for Gujarat local elections phase-2 covering over 2.5 crore voters on Sunday
- AMC announces five more Micro Containment Zones
- ACB Gujarat nabs a cop in Rs. 5,000 bribe case
- A woman full of life dies of suicide after making a video; husband booked
- TV reports on hike in fertilizer prices false, misleading, Congress sponsored: Faldu
- Gujarat High Court to have its channel on Telegram app