Only scheduled flight at Porbandar airport to stop operationsJanuary 19, 2016
Only one schedule flight operated at Porbandar airport which is Jet Airways flight connecting Porbandar to Mumbai will cease to operate from 27 March this year.
It is learnt that decision to stop this service has been taken due to not enough availability of passengers and some technical issues which could be related to lack of enough ATR planes.
Jet Airways website doesn’t take bookings beyond 27th of March.
When contacted, Director of Porbandar airport said he has not received any intimation about closure of service. He said at present this is only scheduled flight and if it stops, the airport would continue to serve defense and non-scheduled air movement.
Passengers from Porbandar will need to go to 179 km away at Rajkot to catch the flights to Mumbai and other places. Alternatively they may use Jamnagar airport which is 134 km away or Diu airport which is 212 km away.
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested
- ACB nabs BSNL Engineer in South Gujarat taking bribe of Rs 70000/-
- Met issues heavy to very heavy rain warning for next 4 days in Gujarat, isolated places in central parts to see extreme downpour on August 26