SRP patrolling to prevent water lifting from Narmada canalFebruary 04, 2016
Due to insufficient rain in last two monsoons, the core issue in many areas of Saurashtra and Kutch region of Gujarat will be availability of water. As Narmad water is only hope, the state government has deployed State Reserve Police(SRP) force to guard the waters of Narmada in Halvad belt which is known for notorious activity of illegal water lifting from Narmada canal for farming activities.
Police Inspector of Halvad and 24 jawans of SRP have jointly started patrolling along the Narmada canal in Halvad belt that has presence of villages like Tikar, Mangadh, Chandragadh, Ranmalpur, Ishanpur, Sapakada, Kavadiya among others.
Every year, due to illegal lifting of water in this belt, Rajkot and Jamnagar cities face trouble in getting enough drinking water supply.
- AMC announces Drive-through Covid19 vaccination for 45+ at Drive In Cinema in Ahmedabad
- Recovery rate in covid cases further improves to over 78 per cent in Gujarat
- Oxygen generating plants set up by VYO inaugurated in Vadodara
- Shops, offices of those neither vaccinated, nor having covid negative report shut by SMC
- Availability of Covid critical beds increases further in Ahmedabad
- AMC declares more Micro Containment Zones in the city
- Reliance Retail 2nd fastest growing retailer in world
- Dy CM Nitin Patel discharged after 15-day Covid hospitalization