Cache of non-firearm weapons seized from highway hotel in Rajkot, 5 nabbedMarch 05, 2016
In a sensational recovery, police has seized around 257 lethal non-firearm weapons from the novelty store of a hotel situated beside the Kuvadva highway near Rajkot and arrested five people including the hotel owner in this connection.
India Palace hotel owner Aarif Karbadi, Irfan Divan, Idrish Diwan, Ramzan (all three brothers) and a worker Safibeg Mirza were arrested soon after the recovery of weapons late last night while raids were on to nab Javed Vora and Usman Gani who fled from the spot, Kuvadva PI S R Varu said today.
A total of 257 weapons including various small and big sized swords, daggers, Gupti (a pointed weapon) and others were recovered from the novelty store of the hotel during a raid, he said.
The patrol team including crime branch sleuths was on the highway to seal the hotels which remained open till late night without proper permission. It was during this operation that the police visited the India Palace hotel and suddenly recovered the big cache of weapons.
The PI said that the matter was being investigated.
- PM at the helm of India’s Fight against COVID-19
- Crime Branch and RAF to be deployed in areas difficult for lockdown
- 63 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, highest in Amdavad; death toll up at 5
- First Covid19 patient discharged from hospital in Gujarat
- Fight against Covid19: Gujarat CM makes three new announcements
- 3365 vehicles of those breaching lockdown seized: Gujarat Police