Gandhinagar gets Rs 31 lakh mobile library with 8,000 booksMarch 18, 2016
Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation(GMC) on Thursday launched Rs 31 lakh moving library in a bus. The library has 8,000 books(2,384 English, 4,666 Gujarati, 1,333 Hindi books). The library will arrive at pre-fixed place once every 15th day on its route and stay there for two hours. Readers will be able to read books sitting inside the van and also be able to borrow the books. GMC claims that as many as 9,000 citizens have become member of this library before its opening. They have been issued identity cards. The bus was flagged off in GMC campus along with inauguration of a dispensary for cattle.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched