Bhikhudan Gadhvi receives Padma Award (video)March 28, 2016
Junagadh based senior Gujarati folklore artist Shri Bhikhubhai Gadhvi today received Padma award from President Dr Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhawan in Delhi today in presence of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Vice President Shri Hamid Ansari, Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh, senior BJP leader Shri L.K. Advani among others.
Born in Junagadh district’s Manekwadi village near Keshod, Shri Gadhvi is active on stage for last 41 years. He started narrating folk tales in public when he was jsut 20. Bhikhudhanbhai’s 350 audio cassettes including ‘Bhadanu Makan’, ‘Khandaninu Khamir’ are widely in circulation across Gujarat, especially in Saurashtra belt. He has given his programmes in countries including America, Britain, Indonesia among others.
Shri Gadhvi used to read Shri Zaverchand Meghani and Shri Dula Bhaya Kag with great interest in his teen-age. When he grew up he started exploring the land of Saurashtra himself to learn more about the folk culture and treasure of folk literature. “This exploration went on for years and it’s still going on,” Gadhvi told DeshGujarat.
- Gujarat govt approves development of grasslands in 91 Panjrapols
- 8 dead in Shrey hospital fire incident in Ahmedabad
- In pictures: Celebrations in Gujarat over groundbreaking of Ram Janmbhumi Mandir
- AMC declares 24 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1073 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours in Gujarat, 23 deaths, 1046 recoveries
- 10 hour power to farmers in North and Central Gujarat from August 7
- Detailed concept plan of proposed Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya
- In pictures: PM Narendra Modi's mother Hiraba watching Live telecast of Ayodhya event