Gujarat govt hikes DA for employees/pensioners by 6%April 22, 2016
Gujarat government has raised dearness allowance of state government employees and pensioners by 6% taking it to 125% from earlier 119% with the retrospective effect from January 1, 2016.
This hike will put an additional burden of Rs 829.32 crore per annum on the state Exchequer, a statement by the government said.
An estimated over four lakh employees and pensioners will be benefited by this hike.
- Former MLA Mavji Patel joins BJP days before Tharad by-poll
- Gujarat CM dedicates Plasser India heavy rail machinery plant at Karjan in Vadodara
- Train engine derails in Gujarat, rail traffic on Kutch-Mumbai route disrupted
- Jio accuses Airtel, VIL of illegally masking wireline as mobile numbers; asks Trai to slap penalties
- Miscreants cut SBI ATM in Ahmedabad city with gas cutter and take away over Rs 9 lakh in cash
- BJP corporator in Junagadh Abbas Qureshi arrested under PASA for misbehaviour with police