Veteran Gujarati film and stage artist P Kharsani passes awayMay 20, 2016
Veteran Gujarati theater/film comedy artist Shri P. Kharsani passed away today in Ahmedabad. He was 91. Kharsani was suffering from Kidney related ailment.
He passed away at 4.00 pm today. He was living in his residence in Sachin tower of the city.
Born in 1926 Shri Kharsani started working in films in 1958. He was also into direction of Gujarati dramas including the most successful ‘Patta ni jod’.
With his sad demise the Gujarati art world has lost second star within two days as noted folksinger Diwaliben Bhil has passed away at her Junagadh residence yesterday.
Presented below is a video from our archive from February 2015 when he was given public felicitation by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC).
- Padma Awards 2020 announced: Balkrishna Doshi, Shahbuddin Rathod, HM Desai, Yazdi Karanjia, Bilakhia, Prof Jagdish Sheth among awardees
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed