Miraculous escape of ST Bus as bridge collapses in JunagadhMay 22, 2016
Junagadh, May 22
A major accident was miraculously averted when a road bridge in Keshod Taluka of Junagadh district broke down while a bus of the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation popularly known as ST bus was crossing from it.
The bus miraculously did not fall off the bridge but kept half hanging. All the over a dozen passengers in the bus were safely evacuated and some of them with minor injuries were admitted to a local hospital.
Police said that the bus, which ply on Keshod-Vantwa route, was crossing the old road bridge over a dried up rainy stream near Sarod village in Keshod taluka when a part of the bridge suddenly collapsed. The bus had just crossed that portion so it did not fall and hanged over the intact part.
Around 15 passengers were evacuated with the help of local villagers. Some injured were later admitted to hospital.
- Gujarat govt studying UP and MP laws on Love Jihad: Nitin Patel
- Multipurpose Sports complex, cricket ground inaugurated in Bibipura
- Gujarat CM inaugurates mega mid-day meals kitchenbuilt by Reliance Foundation in Jamnagar
- Night curfew in four major cities of Gujarat extended further
- Ram Janmabhumi Mandir fund collection in Gujarat: Rs. 18.61 crore from Morari Bapu, 11 crore from Govindbhai Dholakia, 5 crore from Kabutarwala
- ટોચના પાંચમાં કોનું ઉતરાણનું કમ્યુનિકેશન કેવું રહ્યું?
- Jamnagar to have a State level Sports Museum named after Jam Ranjitsinh: Rupani
- માધવસિંહના યુરોપ પ્રવાસની પૂર્વભૂમિકા