Businessman stages drama of abduction, robbery of Rs 53 lakh at knife-pointJune 15, 2016
Update: It later came to light that as Jasmin had lost huge money in satta betting of IPL match, he had staged drama of his own abduction. He was faking.
Ahmedabad: A businessman was today allegedly abducted and robbed off Rs 53 lakh at knife-point by two unidentified persons in Sola area of the city, police said.
Jasmin Patel, who is in construction business, told police that two men abducted him near Sola over bridge.
“Patel claimed that when he was going home in his car after withdrawing around Rs 53 lakh from a bank, a van rammed into his car near Sola over bridge. Two men came out of the van and got into Patel’s car. Before he could say anything, they held a knife to his throat and asked him to drive towards Ognaj village,” said police inspector D V Rana.
“After some distance the duo asked Patel to stop the car at a secluded place. A third person came behind in the van. The duo snatched the bag containing the cash and drove off in the van,” Rana said.
Police said they have cordoned off all the exit routes from the area and were also checking the CCTV footages near the bank to identify the culprits. PTI
- Three more oxygen generating plants by Vrajrajkumar led VYO inaugurated
- L&T Delivers the First Two Medical- Grade Oxygen Generation Units to Hospitals in Surat
- Gujarat Covid19 recovery rate improves to nearly 85%, active cases count sliding toward below 1 lakh
- Gujarat govt suspends Vaccination for two days across the State
- Covaxin production in Gujarat proposed
- CBI arrest two Medical Device Officers of CDSO in Gujarat in bribery case
- Rameshbhai Oza reacting to rumors clarifies he is completely healthy and well
- Cyclone Tauktae likely to cross Gujarat coast between Porbandar and Mahuva on May 18 morning