Ganpat Vasava resigns from the post of Speaker of Gujarat AssemblyAugust 06, 2016
Gandhinagar: On eve of swearing in of designated Chief Minister Vijay Rupani’s cabinet, Gujarat Assembly Speaker Ganpat Vasava tendered his resignation today. This move indicates that Vasava can be inducted to Rupani’s cabinet. Vasava comes from tribal belt of Gujarat. It is tradition in BJP governments in Gujarat that at least one person from tribal community is given berth as cabinet minister. At present Mangubhai Patel represents tribal class in State Cabinet. Next could be Ganpatbhai. Also the post of State party president is vacant at present. Oath taking function of Vijay Rupani cabinet is scheduled to take place at 12.39 pm in Mahatma Mandir tomorrow.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card