Shiv Bhakts throng Somnath and other temples on first Monday of Gujarati ShravanAugust 08, 2016
The largest crowd was seen at the Somnath temple in Gir-Somnath district, the first among the 12 jyotirlingas of lord Shiva, where large number of devotees made a bee-line to the temple situated on the coast of the Indian ocean since early morning amid sprinkles of monsoon rains. Special Shringar (decoration) of the sanctum-sactorum of the temple and the linga has been done.
In Devbhoomi Dwarka district, devotees also gathered in large numbers for abhishek and mahaarti at Nageshwara temple, another jyotirlinga, (one of the two in Gujarat) situated around 25 km from Dwarka town.
Special puja, abhishek and aaratis were also held in Shiva temples of Ahmedabad including Nilkanth Mahadev temple, Someshwar temple and Chakulia Mahadev temple.
In other cities and towns including Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Bharuch, Jamnagar, Mahesana, Patan, Bhavnagar, Junagadh and Amreli, Shiva temples were especially decorated for the occasion.
Devotees also observed fast on the day.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched