PM Narendra Modi to pay last respect to Pramukh Swami today at SarangpurAugust 14, 2016
Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will reach Sarangpur in his home-state Gujarat to pay last respect to Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Sanstha(BAPS) head Pramukh Swami tomorrow afternoon.
The Prime Minister after his Independence Day speech at Red Fort in Delhi will leave for Bhavnagar, the nearest airport from Sarangpur. He will then move to Sarangpur by helicopter. He is expected to be in BAPS Sarangpur campus anytime post noon.
8 SRP companies, 4 Quick Response Teams, 8 IPS, 13 DYSPs, 3 Chetak Commando teams, 4 bomb disposal teams, 6 IG and DIG level officers are moved to Sarangpur ahead of Prime Ministr’s visit.
95-year old Pramukh Swami passed away yesterday. Prime Minister Modi had in his tweet yesterday described Pramukh Swami as his mentor. When he was Chief Minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi would go to seek blessings of Pramukh Swami before taking oath.
Pramukh Swami’s last rites will take place at 3.00 pm on August 17.
After his address from the Red Fort tomorrow morning, PM will go to Sarangpur, Gujarat to pay his last respects to HH Pramukh Swami Maharaj.
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) August 14, 2016
- 1073 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours in Gujarat, 23 deaths, 1046 recoveries
- 10 hour power to farmers in North and Central Gujarat from August 7
- Detailed concept plan of proposed Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya
- In pictures: PM Narendra Modi's mother Hiraba watching Live telecast of Ayodhya event
- Live: Ram Janmabhumi Mandir Bhumi Pujan in Ayodhya
- Dream close to my heart now getting fulfilled: LK Advani
- AMC declares 14 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 22
- Gujarat records 1020 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours