Tenpur case: Investigation officer says Hardik not arrested yetOctober 01, 2016
Modasa/Udaipur: The Investigating Officer of the case pertaining to an illegal meeting of PAAS in Tenpur village under Ambaliyara police station and Bayad Taluka of the district on September 22 last year, H J Banker today denied that one of its accused and converner of the outfit Hardik Patel has been arrested in Udaipur in this connection.
Amid the reports of Hardik’s arrest in Udaipur in this case in a section of media, Mr Banker said that police has done some interrogation with Hardik but he has not been arrested yet. ‘I am the IO of the case and I am saying that he is not arrested,’ he said.
In the same case, which had led to a sensational habeus corpus in the Gujarat High Court post midnight the same day for production of Hardik who had mysteriously went missing after the meeting held without proper permission from the administration, police had arrested yet another accused and Hardik’s aide Dinesh Bambhaniya in Gandhinagar on September 27 however he was released soon after on bail
Mr Banker said that as the case has been lodged under section 188 of the IPC (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) which is a bailable offence, all the around 35 accused arrested in this connection so far had been granted bail after completing cetain formalities and submission of related documents.
He said that the Ambliyara police has so far not nabbed Hardik. However, his arrest is also likely to be a formality. The PAAS leader is spending six months time in Udaipur as per his bail condition in sedition cases to remain out of Gujarat for the period.
- 10 hour power to farmers in North and Central Gujarat from August 7
- Detailed concept plan of proposed Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya
- In pictures: PM Narendra Modi's mother Hiraba watching Live telecast of Ayodhya event
- Live: Ram Janmabhumi Mandir Bhumi Pujan in Ayodhya
- Dream close to my heart now getting fulfilled: LK Advani
- AMC declares 14 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 22
- Gujarat records 1020 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours
- Pakistan unveils new political map of country; shows Junagadh, Manavdar and Sir Creek areas of Gujarat as Pakistani territory