Chinese string of kite tangles with electric wire, two boys hospitalized in GujaratDecember 25, 2016
Palanpur: The use of banned Chinese string for flying kite today costed dearly to two boys in Palanpur, the headquarter town of Banskantha district of North Gujarat when they were hospitalized owing to it.
Police said that two boys Chirag and Anup were flying kite in Chankapuri society of the city when its string got tangled up with a high voltage overhead wire.
As the string was Chinese one with traces of metal, it behaved like a conductor of electricity and the two boys holding it felt a strong electric shock.
They were admitted to the local civil hospital where condition of one of them is said to be critical.
Notably, many cases of loss of lives owing to injuries caused by the Chinese string especially during Uttarayan season in the past prompted the authorities to ban it.
- Met issues fresh heavy rainfall warning for parts of Gujarat for next 4 days
- Water level of the Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam receding again after touching the historic FRL mark of 138.68 meter for the first time
- Will bring Indian envoys here for annual meet, this is start of New India: EAM S Jaishankar at Statue of Unity
- Full Reservoir Level 138.68 m achieved for the first time ever in Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam, the lifeline of Gujarat
- Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam 99.56% full at 1 pm today, Just 13 cm below over-flow mark
- Sitharaman announces measures to boost housing, export sector, says inflation under control