Ex-Indian Football Captain Tarun Roy trains budding players at RIL-SAG Camp in JamnagarFebruary 08, 2017
Jamnagar: Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and Sports Authority of Gujarat (SAG) has jointly organised a football training camp for the budding footballers of Jamnagar district. Former Captain of Indian Football Team and currently coach of Indian Women Football Team Shri Tarun Roy will horn skills of the students at the 5-day camp, which has been organised at Reliance Greens in Moti Khavdi village from February 7 to February 11, 2017. Such a camp is organised for the first time in Gujarat.
Mr. Dhanraj Nathwani, Group Senior Vice President of RIL, kicked off the camp along with Mr. Roy on Tuesday. The camp has been organised as a part of promoting sports under RIL’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. It aims at identification and training of emerging football players of Jamnagar district and increase the talent pool. Kids under different age groups (Under 14, Under 12 and Under 10) will participate in this camp and expert coaches will select the kids, who can further be groomed as representatives Jamnagar district in various competitions and levels of football championships.
Football is India’s second most popular sport, next to the game of cricket. The 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup is scheduled to take place in India. By virtue of being the host country, the Indian team will automatically play in the tournament.
India presently stands on 129th rank in FIFA rankings. Mission XI million is an initiative by which SAG and FIFA wishes to promote football as a game the primary objective of the program is to engage more than 11 million children in activities relating to Football. Reliance supports the initiative taken by Govt. of India to promote football as a prime sports activity among kids by means of this football festival.
- Swarm of bees attack school in Gujarat, 21 students hospitalized
- Union Cabinet approves National Institute status to BISAG in Gujarat
- Than town observes total strike against deteriorated law and order situation, weak policing
- The Sun is out! 🌞 BCCI on Motera stadium, also do watch a fresh video clip
- Torrent group hails apex court judgement regarding dismissal of Adani Gas plea
- SBI signs MoU with Gujarat govt for for working capital availability to MSME entrepreneurs