Management of 11,600 acre land of Kandla Port Trust handed over to Gujarat govtFebruary 13, 2017
Gandhidham: In a major decision, the central government has taken a decision to hand over the management of 11,600 acre land of Kandla Port Trust(KPT) to Gujarat government. KPT which wishes to freehold the land will hand over 11,600 acre to Gujarat government very soon. Gujarat government will take over all land records according to a decision taken in a meeting held in presence of MoS in centre Mansukh Mandavia, Gujarat revenue minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, MLA Nimaben Acharya, Kutch district collector and KPT chairman Ravi Parmar among others today.
KPT has 7,000 acre land for town development and 2,000 acre land for port development. 26,00 acre land is with SRC – Sindhu resettlement corporation. This land totaling 11,600 acre in size will be managed now by Gujarat government according to revenue minister of Gujarat Bhupendrasinh Chudasama.
In the first phase, land records of residential area covering 22,000 plots in township will be handed over to Gujarat government. Charges applied to residential area may change after deliberation. KPT has decided to free 65 square meter plots. Revised rates for other plots will be sent to the Centre for approval.
Secretary of land development Harit Shukla, KPT’s Bharat Rjgor, Mavji Sorathia, collector MM Gandhi, higher officials of revenue department were among those present in the meeting.
- Indian community in Texas prepares for ‘Howdy Modi!’ event of PM Narendra Modi during his US tour in September
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday