Environment Clearance awaited to kick off Kandla Port Smart City project: KPTApril 06, 2017
Bhuj: Addressing the media persons on occasion of National Maritime Day, Kandla Port Trust(KPT) Chairman Ravi Parmar said that if environment clearance is received soon the Smart City project of Kandla will be kicked off within next four months. He said KPT has witnessed 51% growth in profit this eyar. Against Rs 422.15 crore profit last year, this year the profit is likely to touch Rs 651.03 crore mark. Kandla Port has allotted land for tank farms which will facilitate handling of further liquid cargo. Construction of new oil jetties (7,8,9) is going on. Jetty number 7 is ready for last one year but not operational yet due to lack of environment clearance. Growth has been achieved by 6% in turnaround time of ships, by 2% in ship handling and by 3% in pre-berthing detention. Parmar said KPT will start a new programme for visitors who will be availed guided tour with slide dhow shortly.
- Former MLA Mavji Patel joins BJP days before Tharad by-poll
- Gujarat CM dedicates Plasser India heavy rail machinery plant at Karjan in Vadodara
- Train engine derails in Gujarat, rail traffic on Kutch-Mumbai route disrupted
- Jio accuses Airtel, VIL of illegally masking wireline as mobile numbers; asks Trai to slap penalties
- Miscreants cut SBI ATM in Ahmedabad city with gas cutter and take away over Rs 9 lakh in cash
- BJP corporator in Junagadh Abbas Qureshi arrested under PASA for misbehaviour with police