Court issues non-bailable warrant against Hardik Patel’s former aide Chirag PatelMay 26, 2017
Ahmedabad: A local court here today issued non-bailable warrant (NBW) against the former aide of PAAS leader Hardik Patel, Chirag Patel, in a sedition case lodged against Hardik, Chirag and others in connection with the wide-spread violence after the August 2015 pro-reservation rally of the outfit in GMDC ground here.
The court of additional sessions judge S H Vora issued the NBW against Chirag as he did not appear before the court today while Hardik, Dinesh Banmbhania and other accused in the sensational case were present before it. The case was filed by crime branch here in October 2015.
Public prosecutor Sudhir Brahmbhatt sought strict action against Chirag when a notice of his absence was produced before the court today which mentioned that he was unable to remain present today as he was to attend a social ceremony.
The court issued NBW against Chirag making it mandatory for him to remain present before it on next date of hearing on May 29. Brahmbhatt said that it seemed that the accused were trying to delay the hearing of the case as one or the other remains absent while the case was at an important juncture of hearing with framing of charges yet to take place. Haridk, Dinesh, Chirag and other accused were on bail obtained through High Court.
Earlier on a date recently Hardik himself was not present and the proceedings of the court was deferred.
- GSFA Organises the 1st Ever Futsal Championship in Gujarat
- PM Modi in Gujarat to address Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia in Gujarat on Saturday
- AAPians changes public garden's name; SMC restores old name
- Reliance to bear full cost of Covid19 vaccination for all its employees, their spouse, parents, children
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)