Section of 108 emergency service staff on strike in some pockets of GujaratMay 27, 2017
Surat: Section of staff of emergency service ‘108’ in some pockets of Gujarat is on strike demanding class-3 employees status, end of contract system and pay hike. While the staff of 108 service in Surat city is on strike for last three days over termination of two contract employees, section of staff in Mahesana, Patan and Selvas went on strike today morning in support of the demands made by Surat employees. Contract workers in Surat have come up with a row format of statewide union of 108 staff. They are trying to expand the strike.
Author’s note: Ideally the emergency service staff must not go on strike and strict disciplinary actions must be taken at appropriate time against those propelling such activity. Expansion of strike at various places is a matter of concern. Formation of statewide union of 108 staff in Surat is worrisome. Termination of two contract staffers and their attempt to commit suicide in Surat caused strike in Surat, but shouldn’t the management have right to take action against staff when found lapse or lethargy in duty?
- Gujarat ACB nabs Chief District Medical Officer cum Civil Surgeon taking bribe for nod to liquor permit renewal
- Jio furthers its commitment to reduce gender gap in digital adoption
- Thakor Sena core committee put a seal on Alpesh and Jhala's wearing saffron robe in near future
- Acharya Dev Vrat appointed as new Governor of Gujarat
- 6 booked in Kankaria Lake Front amusement ride accident case
- BJP releases manifesto for Junagadh civic election