Union Cabinet approves transfer of IISWC land in Gujarat to NHAIJune 07, 2017
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for transfer of 4.64 hectares (46384 Sq. meters) of land belonging to the Indian Institute of Soil & Water Conservation (IISWC) Research Centre at Vasad, District Anand, Gujarat under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on payment of compensation amounting to Rs. 12.67 crore for extension and six laning of Ahmedabad – Vadodara Highway on NH-8.
The NH-8 is an important highway connecting Vadodara and Ahmedabad. The transfer of land to the NHAl for construction of extension and six laning of Ahmedabad – Vadodara section of NH-8 is likely to benefit the region leading to enhanced opportunities for: growth and development in terms of infrastructure, transport, communication, employment generation etc. The decision is also part of the Government’s plans to boost infrastructure in key sectors for accelerating the pace of growth.
- The Secretaries of State and Defence of USA call on Prime Minister Modi
- Tips to Travel Safe During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Varmora Group to set up two new manufacturing plants; virtual stone laying performed
- Ahmedabad Court exempts Rahul Gandhi from court appearance
- Top Gujarati movie actor Naresh Kanodia passes away
- AMC declares 9 more Micro Containment Zones
- Sleeper hurled at Dy CM Nitin Patel
- In-principle approval to concept planning and design of Sabarmati Riverfront Phase-2