8 more towns in Gujarat to get Post Office Passport Seva KendraJune 17, 2017
Opening of new Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSK) in the Second Phase
New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and the Department of Posts (DOP) have decided to utilize the Head Post Offices (HPO)/ Post Offices in the country as Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) for delivery of passport related services to the citizens of the country. The objective of this partnership is to extend passport related services on a larger scale and to ensure wider area coverage. In the first phase, it has been decided to open 86 POPSK in the country. 52 POPSK have become functional. MEA and DOP are working closely for the operationalization of passport related services at the remaining 34 POPSK in the first phase.
Following the successful functioning of these POPSK and the positive response received from the people, MEA and DOP have now decided to open another 149 POPSK to take the total number of POPSK to 235 in the country. Among new 149 POPSK proposed, some are going to come up in Gujarat. The locations are Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Junagarh, Kheda, Navsari, Valsad.
The Ministry of External Affairs has opened 14 Passport Seva Laghu Kendras (PSLK) after May 2014 including all the North Eastern States. Two more PSLK at Siliguri in West Bengal and at Sholapur in Maharashtra are scheduled to be inaugurated shortly to take the total number of Passport Seva Kendras in the country to 93. With the addition of 235 POPSK, the total number of Passport Seva Kendras including POPSK to be added by the present Government for the benefit of the citizens would be 251.
- Three more oxygen generating plants by Vrajrajkumar led VYO inaugurated
- L&T Delivers the First Two Medical- Grade Oxygen Generation Units to Hospitals in Surat
- Gujarat Covid19 recovery rate improves to nearly 85%, active cases count sliding toward below 1 lakh
- Gujarat govt suspends Vaccination for two days across the State
- Covaxin production in Gujarat proposed
- CBI arrest two Medical Device Officers of CDSO in Gujarat in bribery case
- Rameshbhai Oza reacting to rumors clarifies he is completely healthy and well
- Cyclone Tauktae likely to cross Gujarat coast between Porbandar and Mahuva on May 18 morning