Discharge plea of Hardik, Vipul, Chirag in sedition case rejected by Surat courtJuly 01, 2017
Surat: Local court in Surat has rejected discharge plea of Hardik Patel, Vipul Desai and Chirag Desai in sedition case filed against them in Surat.
The cases of sedition was filed against Hardik at Amroli police station here in October 2015 for Hardik’s alleged controversial remarks instigating a youth to kill police personnel instead of committing suicide.
“If you have so much courage…then go and kill a couple of policemen. Patels never commit suicide,” Hardik had allegedly told Vipul Desai, who had announced that he would kill himself in support of the quota agitation.
The entire sequence was recorded by a TV channel in video.
Police had arrested Hardik, Vipul and Chirag in this case while Alpesh Kathiria was described as wanted in charge sheet.
After arguments by lawyers of the accused that went on for around one and half month period, the court rejected discharge plea of accused. The lower court verdict is likely to be challenged by accused in High Court. Charge framing procedure will soon start against the accused after rejection of discharge plea.
- Swami Sachchidanand administered Covid19 vaccine
- Surat: Former Congress councilor Dinesh Kachhadiya joins AAP
- No public participation in Bhavnath fair of Junagadh this year due to pandemic
- Surat Police nabs Jamtara gang involved in online cheating
- 28-year old MD drug carrier woman held by Surat SOG
- Bataka gang attacks Tameta Gang; one held
- Locals seek monthly pass system at Kamrej Toll Plaza
- No Govt nod for CNG conversion of BS6 engine cars as of now