Gujarat govt approves DPR for Surat Metro Rail ProjectJuly 04, 2017
Surat: Government of Gujarat has approved a detailed project report(DPR) of proposed metro rail project in Surat, the second largest city of the State. The project will now be sent to the Central government for approval.
The approval was given on Monday in a high level meeting in capital Gandhinagar. The estimated cost of the project is Rs 12,472 crore as per the DPR.
The DPR was prepared by Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar – Ahmedabad (MEGA) company which functions under the state government.
Two routs that have attracted approval are Sarthana – Dream city 21.61 km and Saroli – Bhesan 18.74 km.
Of these two route, the first one will have 6.347 km under ground stretch between Kapodra and Makkai pul. While the first corridor will have 20 stations, the second will have 18 stations of which 6 will be under ground.
It is learnt that the state government will contribute 20% expenditure of the project wwhile another 20% will be contributed by the Centre. Rest 60% fund will be raised from some workd level bank or agency.
- Gujarat govt studying UP and MP laws on Love Jihad: Nitin Patel
- Multipurpose Sports complex, cricket ground inaugurated in Bibipura
- Gujarat CM inaugurates mega mid-day meals kitchenbuilt by Reliance Foundation in Jamnagar
- Night curfew in four major cities of Gujarat extended further
- Ram Janmabhumi Mandir fund collection in Gujarat: Rs. 18.61 crore from Morari Bapu, 11 crore from Govindbhai Dholakia, 5 crore from Kabutarwala
- ટોચના પાંચમાં કોનું ઉતરાણનું કમ્યુનિકેશન કેવું રહ્યું?
- Jamnagar to have a State level Sports Museum named after Jam Ranjitsinh: Rupani
- માધવસિંહના યુરોપ પ્રવાસની પૂર્વભૂમિકા