High level Congress team meets and issues ‘ultimatum of sorts’ to Vaghela, suggests to mend waysJuly 18, 2017
In an ‘ultimatum of sorts’ to leader of opposition and former CM Shankersinh Vaghela about his ‘said-tantrums’ after his press conference here today in which he had stated to make an ‘announcement’ on his birthday on July 21, a team of several senior Congress leaders led by former state president Siddharth Patel today met him and advised to mend his ways.
The team of leaders included former leader of opposition Shaktisinh Gohil, former president Arjun Modhwadia, 3 AICC secretaries including Dipak Bavariya and Irshad Mirza. former minister Tushar Chaudhary among others.
Later Patel said that it was conveyed to Vaghela that he was a senior party leader and should not do anything which affects the morale of the party cadres.
He said that Vaghela would talk to the party high command tonight.
To a query he said that any path which was not good for the party and the people was wrong and Vaghela has been advised to not to tread on such a path.
‘Congress is well poised to win the assembly polls this time around and we should all contest it unitedly. We told him,’ Patel added.
Meanwhile it is understood that Vaghela was clearly told that if he keeps on behaving like that and doing things that harms the party, the party high command won’t tolerate it.
A member of the team and senior Congress leader said that Vaghela was clearly told that he won’t remain a respectable figure if did not mend his ways and keep doing things that benefit BJP.
- ATS-Coast Guard apprehend 8 Pakistanis on boat with heroin off Gujarat coast
- UP govt airlifts 25,000 vials of Remdesivir from Zydus plant in Gujarat
- AMC declares 26 more Micro Containment Zones in the city
- AMA seeks 100% Oxygen supply to health sector, writes about shortage to CM Rupani
- Daily new cases above 7,000 with 73 deaths, active cases nearly 40,000 in Gujarat
- Remdesivir manufacturing to increase, price to go down: Mandaviya
- BAPS Swaminarayan Mandir Atladara starts a 500 bed COVID Hospital with oxygen facility
- Crime Branch nabs three for alleged black marketing of Remdsivir injections