Over 20 kg smuggled gold reportedly seized from scrap container in GujaratJuly 19, 2017
Bhuj: The intelligence and customs sleuth have reportedly seized over 20 kg gold from a container brought from Dubai and kept in a container freight station (CFS) in port city of Mundra in Kutch district of Gujarat.
The incident, not yet officially confirmed, would be second major seizure of smuggled gold at Mundra in around two months. Earlier in May this year 52 kg gold worth approximately Rs 15 crores was caught by sleuths of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), Gandhidham. It was also brought from Dubai and concealed in the frame of an egg incubator (Poultry equipment). One Harnek Singh from Delhi, was arrested in this connection.
Meanwhile reports reaching here said that the customs team and special intelligence unit sleuths checked the container which was supposed to contain scraps from Dubai.
Around 24 kg of solid gold bars worth around seven crores was reportedly found hidden in it.
An official statement in this regard is likely to be issued late tonight or tomorrow.
- Marine One, U.S. President Donald Trump's official Helicopter arrives in Gujarat
- Union cabinet approves revamping of PM Fasal Bima Yojana and Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme
- ESIC run clinics in Gujarat will now offer services to all citizens: Nitin Patel
- Centre approves 3 new medical colleges at Rajpipla, Porbandar, Navsari; State to bear only 40% cost
- Gujarat Cabinet decides to allot 30 acre land for free of cost at Shahpur near Gandhinagar to set up Children's University
- Swarm of bees attack school in Gujarat, 21 students hospitalized