Congress starts keeping MLAs at specific locations to prevent them from joining BJPJuly 28, 2017
Gandhinagar: In attempt to prevent its MLAs from leaving the party, Gujarat Congress has started keeping its MLAs at secured places.
It is learnt that Rajkot MLA Indrani Rajyaguru had kept 8 Congress MLAs at his residence and at his Nil City club. These MLAs were from Saurashtra region. However one MLA Bholabhai Gohil who represents Jasdan assembly seat successfully escaped from the location.
It is also learnt that around 20 Congress MLAs were gathered at a farm house near Vadodara last evening.
Yesterday three Congress MLAs left the party and joined BJP. Earlier Leader of Opposition Shankersinh Vaghela also gave resignation and left Congress party.
Congress has fielded senior leader Ahmed Patel in Rajya Sabha elections in Gujarat for fifth time. BJP has fielded former Congress chief whip Balwantsinh Rajput as its third Rajya Sabha candidate. Rajput left Congress party yesterday and joined BJP.
Polling for Rajya Sabha election is scheduled to take place on August 8.
- Gujarat govt studying UP and MP laws on Love Jihad: Nitin Patel
- Multipurpose Sports complex, cricket ground inaugurated in Bibipura
- Gujarat CM inaugurates mega mid-day meals kitchenbuilt by Reliance Foundation in Jamnagar
- Night curfew in four major cities of Gujarat extended further
- Ram Janmabhumi Mandir fund collection in Gujarat: Rs. 18.61 crore from Morari Bapu, 11 crore from Govindbhai Dholakia, 5 crore from Kabutarwala
- ટોચના પાંચમાં કોનું ઉતરાણનું કમ્યુનિકેશન કેવું રહ્યું?
- Jamnagar to have a State level Sports Museum named after Jam Ranjitsinh: Rupani
- માધવસિંહના યુરોપ પ્રવાસની પૂર્વભૂમિકા