UK based Gujaratis collect 5 lakh pound for flood-hit Gujarat; Dolar Popat, Rushibhai Sachde handover cheque to CMAugust 22, 2017
Gandhinagar: London based British Asian Trust today handed over five lakh pound (roughly over Rs 4 crore) cheque to Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in capital Gandhinagar. This fund was collected in Morari Bapu’s katha at Wembley in Britain recently for the flood affected people of Banaskantha and Patan districts of North Gujarat.
Hotel Crown Plaza fame Lord Dolar Patel and host of Ram Katha Shri Rameshbhai Rushibhai Sachde today presented the cheque of fund to Chief Minister.
The Chief Minister thanked non-resident Gujarati families for their donation.
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported
- Amreli MP seeks Kendriya Vidhyalaya in constituency area; raises issue in Lok Sabha