Passenger from Sharjah nabbed with around 3 kg gold at Ahmedabad airportAugust 26, 2017
Ahmedabad: The custom sleuths today seized around 3 kg gold from a passenger who arrived here in a flight from Sharjah at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
The luggage of the passenger who had hidden the gold in form of wire was checked and it was recovered. He was being interrogated. The gold was worth around 82 lakhs in India marke, an Airport customs source today said.
Notably on April 7, passenger from UAE was caught with gold and jewelry weighing around 9 kg worth over Rs 2.7 crores. On April 4 another passenger who had tried to smuggle 2 kg gold from Dubai was caught earlier in a similar manner on the airport here.
- Amit Shah launches Covid19 RT-PCR test at Rs 499 cost; result in 6-8 hours
- AMC declares 39 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Maximum 100 persons to be allowed in wedding/reception and other celebrations: Gujarat govt
- Night curfew in Ahmedabad till 7 December: Police notification
- 1487 new cases of coronavirus reported in a day in Gujarat: State health department
- Covid negative report must to enter Maharashtra from Gujarat, Delhi, Rajasthan, Goa
- Reliance Retail’s 'Vocal for Local' Mission Expands to 30,000 Artisans and over 40,000 Artisanal Products
- GIDC to prepare a feasibility report for development of a Toy Park in Gujarat